NEW NJ STATE MANDATED SPA RULES FOR OPERATION
***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY ***
RE-OPENING MONDAY JUNE 22ND
“IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE NJ DEPT OF HEALTH AND THE CDC”
ALL CLIENTS MUST WEAR FACE COVERINGS WHEN ENTERING THE SPA
ABSOLUTELY NO WALK-INS WILL BE PERMITTED
ALL SESSIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
PLEASE CALL (973)339-5580 TO SCHEDULE YOUR SESSION
ALL CLIENTS WILL BE SCREENED FOR SYMPTOMS OF COVID19
***IF YOU HAVE FEVER OR HAVE HAD COVID19 SYMPTOMS ***
IN THE LAST 14 DAYS YOU WILL BE PROHIBITTED FROM ENTERING THE SPA
***YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO STAY IN YOUR CAR ***
UNTIL YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME
WE WILL COME OUT TO LET YOU KNOW WHEN YOU CAN ENTER
THIS WILL GIVE US TIME TO CLEAN AND SANITIZE BETWEEN CLIENTS FOR BOTH YOUR SAFETY AND OURS
YOUR COMPLIANCE AND PATIENCE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
TOKYO FOOT SPA
60 Notch Road Woodland Park, NJ 07424
The Tokyo Foot Spa is an intimate Spa set in a relaxing environment, offering an excellent therapeutic experience. Asian foot massage has thousands of years of history as a therapeutic method and Foot Spa’s can be found on almost every corner in China. Come and experience one of the wonders from Asia and take advantage of our special promotional rates.
Massage was once available only through luxury spas and upscale health clubs. Today, massage therapy is offered in businesses, clinics, hospitals and even airports. If you've never tried massage, learn about its possible health benefits and what to expect during a massage therapy session.
What is massage?
Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Massage may range from light stroking to deep pressure. There are many different types of massage, below please find the modalities we offer:
- Asian Bodywork / Massage / Shiatsu– “Asian bodywork therapy,” is a term used to describe a wide range of manual (and sometimes mechanical) treatments to the human body.
As with most forms of Asian healing, Asian bodywork therapy / Massage, treats not just the body, but a person’s mind and spirit, and helps one achieve optimal health on a variety of levels. These Massage modalities are generally task oriented and address many more conditions such as injuries and internal disharmonies, as well as relaxation and dispersion.
Asian Massage places a great focus on removing both Physical and Energetic obstructions and imbalances as well as balancing the overall energetic body so that a harmonious state of health can be obtained.
This type of massage can range from light to extreme deep tissue addressing Chronic pain and obstruction. Historically, most massage modalities began from Asian Bodywork (Tuina, An Mo, Shiatsu, etc…).
- Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- Deep Tissue massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Hot Stone Massage. A hot stone massage is a type of massage therapy. It’s used to help you relax and ease tense muscles and damaged soft tissues throughout your body.
There are 6 major benefits of hot stone massage. They are: Helps relieve muscle tension and pain, Reduces stress and anxiety, Promotes sleep Helps relieve symptoms of autoimmune diseases, helps decrease cancer symptoms and Boosts immunity.
Benefits of massage
Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine. It's increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations.
Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension.
Massage is helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
- Chronic injuries
- Stress related conditions
Beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, some people enjoy massage because it often produces feelings of caring, comfort and connection.
What is Foot Reflexology & What is it Good For?
Everybody loves a good foot rub. But did you know foot massage dates back to ancient Egypt and China? That’s right, over 5,000 years ago our ancestors were rubbing each other’s feet. In the late 1800s, Europeans invented reflexology: applying pressure to a person’s feet (or hands) in order to affect a physical change to the body. Placement of pressure is based on a system of zones and reflex areas that correspond to other parts of the body.
Also called “zone therapy,” this mixture of healing art and science is based on the premise that an energy channel encompassing 12 vital organs exists from our feet to the tops of our heads. Applying pressure with his/her hands, a reflexologist unblocks that channel to restore proper health and organ function.
FOOT REFLEXOLOGY BENEFITS
Think about how much stress your feet go through each day. No body part is more abused than your feet. Standing, running, jumping – our feet do it all! Reflexologists believe that overall health begins in your feet and travels up. The benefits of foot massage are endless – not to mention it feels downright great! Although there are no “hard facts” to prove what a foot massage can really do, practitioners and patients alike claim that reflexology can:
- Cure colds/minor ailments
- Prevent/cure diseases
- Increase energy
- Relieve stress, pain, and anxiety
- Improve blood and lymph circulation
- Prevent injury
- Relieve pain from MS and chemotherapy
- Stimulate activity of internal organs
- Successfully treat liver dysfunction, constipation, IBS, chronic headaches, and skin allergies
- Relieve pressure on legs and feet in pregnant womenThe benefits aren’t purely physical. A good foot massage can also improve your mental and emotional state. Most of those who seek out a reflexologist are looking for relaxation and stress relief. With less stress in your life, your chance of heart disease drops considerably.